welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Learning Day: Halloween Snow Globes

253252251250249248247246245244243

Dear Lyla, you are so smart it kills me.  I just set out all the supplies for making Halloween snow globes, which was more than enough to get your imagination going.  You screwed off the lid and immediately started dumping things in.  I think the glitter was your favorite.  You’re getting so good at dumping that I could even trust you filling the distilled water and glycerin.  I try to “butt out” and resist telling you what to do as well as letting there be no wrongs during these activities.  So, I said nothing when you packed the jar so chuck full that the eye balls and pumpkins wouldn’t move!  You loved it soo much that we made a second one for Lottie.  For the next week or so, you’d randomly go grab it and say “shhhaakkke it!” or “look! oooky!”. 

0 comments: