welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A weekend of showers and camping

We had a SUPER fun weekend. But....it took some doing. We spent late Thursday night and all day Friday cleaning our SLC apt for official check-out. For being such a ghetto place, they sure are anal. We had to do a "walk through" with the manager where she knit-picked every little thing. We would have just bagged the security deposit but OF COURSE, they state in the contract that legal action will be taken if charges are not paid (we figure we'll get charged about $300.00). Man I hope this is the last rental we have. B-words! Nonetheless it was so good to say farewell to Donna Manor for good. No more wafting stale smoke, lesbian love quarrels, drug trafficking or cramped quarters...YIPPIE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway, the weekend took a significant turn for the better when we got to stay with Shauna on Friday and then when I got to go to my good friend Kay's wedding shower in Park City on Saturday. The shower was so lovely!!! It was at her future sister-in-law's house in Kimball Junction. The food was made by her chef husband and man was it Divine! Such a beautiful setting too. It was so good to see the girls and just chat for awhile. Kay got some fun gifts including a Kamo (sp?) thong (she's outdoorsy) HEHE.

After the shower I drove through Heber and met Todd and everyone at Scott & Shauna's cabin up Provo Canyon. The drive was sooo lovely! I told Todd no offense but I didn't want to get there! I was really glad I did bc we just love staying at the cabin sooo dang much. Scott calls it "God's country" and ya know I think he is absolutely right. I always leave with such renewed calmness and peace.


Another great aspect of the cabin is the endless food!! We had Tin foil dinners and I must say they were super scrumptiousTy of course enjoyed the food too :) Bad HABIT....I know
Such a BEGGAR!

The card games...also a staple of cabin fun. Card playing was less fun for me this time. (inside joke; Naked Hawaiian can kiss my you-know-what)

2 comments:

Jason & Karen said...

hey! I didnt see the fire. They were there when I was this last weekend but they were packing up to leave the day we left... Crazy deal I know the kid whos truck caught on fire... Yeah kidney stones are crazy! They say they are a seasonal thing... Which I think is wierd. I probably shoud take that post off cuz it embarrassed jason haha oh well!

Amber said...

So crack me up! Have you ever thought about being a writer? Maybe the next Stephenie Meyers? LOL
When are you guys coming down? We are in the process of buying a house. So, if you wait a few months you come crash with us.