welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Zion National Park

So since Todd and I don't work Fridays anymore, we've decided to do away with the whole "Friday night date night" and have "Friday, date DAY!". While admitting this reveals the nerd/freak in me, in lieu of the new date day I spent a good three hours last week researching different fun things we could do and made a list to check off when we do them...haha like I said, freak. I guess its my attempt not to go crazy here, where it seems like there is NOTHING ever to do (don't ask how I survived 18 years of it). So...this Friday we went to Zion National Park. Since we got married Todd always tells people, "my wife is from Southern Utah and she's never taken me to Zion". I decided to change that! I guess I just take advantage of things I've grown up around. Zion is such an amazing place, with plenty to do and see. We had a lot of fun and came home worn out! Here's some pics from our first date day adventure!


The view on the drive into Zion
One of about a billion slick-redrock mt sides that surround everywhere you goZion Lodge...a random tree (still alive) w/ a huge hole in the middle of itThe SHUTTLE on the way to our hikeMy map-guide extraordinaire (his map navigation skills are amazing!)The start of our hike to Emerald Pools The view the entire way was amazing! Like I said...amazingWe saw a few signs of life...this squirrel, two deer (1 buck), and a few lizardsA side trail led to this red rock where erosion formed these random holes (at least I think that's what happened)...it looks almost like a bear clawI'm really not trying to show off my butt in this picture...haha I don't know why the crap I was sitting like that..but the rock is coolWe made it...! They call it the "Oasis in the desert" the lower pools are shadowed by this huge wall...you can't see but a very small water fall runs off it and fills the poolsThe pools. You can hardly seem them bc the wall darkens that area and makes it hard to photographA better shot? The sun is glistening off the waterfallI thought this wall was coolOn the way back...Todd mocking my picture taking needs...quite the pose huh?The start of The Narrows Soooo beautiful!After spending all day in the park hiking, we went to "Treasure of the Gods", the IMAX. I had seen it before but forgot how cool it was. Todd liked it a lot. In the gift shop before the movie started, Todd pretending to be Indiana Jones...what a nerd right?



So that's the end of our adventure in Zion. We saw a lot and enjoyed the time to appreciate nature at its finest...CHECK!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Awesome! We are planning on going to Zions next year for vacation. Spencer and his family went when he was 6 and they hiked the narrows. You have some really beautiful picts there.

Jason & Karen said...

Hey you! I am so glad you found me! How are you? I didn't know you were back in Cedar. We need to get together! I was supposed to be working a ton this summer but now my boss has me working 1 day a week. Ridiculous I know but I cant find a job anywhere else! I didn't know Zack was in Escalante. That is where Jason is from and we are over there visiting family all the time! I love it there I know i am crazy. I will have to look for him when I am there this weekend!

shereesa said...

I love Zions! I must say my fav pic is the sexy pic of you on the rock. Glad to hear you are finally relaxing, you needed it after the last 2 years! -oh PS my baby loves your music selection she's been in a trance since it came on!