welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

17 Weeks

We had our 17th-week appointment on Thursday (technically at the end of the 16th week). Everything with Poppy seems to be going well ( I say "seem" because I never feel completely reassured unless I get an ultrasound because I am borderline insane). It was the cutest thing though...the nurse was trying to detect the heartbeat on the Doppler thingy (I call it doppler radar because it's essentially the same idea right?) and she was really taking FOREVER. Longer than the first time. She also had a puzzled look on her face. After an eternity I finally said "you can't find it can you?". She said "oh no, I've found it a few times, your baby just won't hold still long enough for me to get a decent reading!". I had to laugh. Of course our baby is already teasing us. After that I paid attention and our baby was seriously playing keep away from her. As soon as you could hear a good strong beat it would disappear. The little stinker would wiggle away! She finally backed him/her into a corner and got a good strong reading of 168 BPM. I guess he/she is preparing us for the teenage years.

Other news...our due date got changed to September 28th. I was sad! It was fun to say I was due on Todd's birthday but oh well. Todd wants the baby to come before his bday so he can say he had his first kid at 30 not 31. Who cares right? Not me (ok no true...I secretly wish I'd be 24 not 25 when the baby comes...hypocrisy at its finest). Also, I learned that I haven't gained any weight just yet and have actually lost a bit. My doc says this is common in hard core pukers and people with more to love (my words not his). I was SHOCKED because my belly is GIANT (pics to come), but doc says I'm losing fat and gaining a baby belly. Sounds good to me!
Other than that we are just anxiously awaiting our big ultrasound!!!! Less than 2 weeks!!! We can't wait!!!! If you haven't voted yet you better!!! Ok, enough pregoness for tonight...love to all.
-14 weeks-
-17 Weeks-

3 comments:

JadeLuckMoney said...

haha! I love how happy you look to be pregnant. Ok, ok, with all the puking and whatnot, who could blame a girl right? I love reading your posts! I hope I get to see you soon :)

Amber said...

I love your cute pregnant belly! So jealous!

shereesa said...

I'm so excited for you, I remember I was the same way...biting my nails thinking this time there wont be a heart beat I just know it and then everytime it was just fine. Anyway sounds like you will have your hands full come this fall to make sure to live it up this summer!!