welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Sunday, April 19, 2009

I've always thought it was random that we celebrate Christ's Resurrection with furry bunnies delivering decorated eggs. It apparently has something to do with the symbology for fertility. Rabbits and eggs symbolize fertility, thus symbolizing the rising fertility of the earth. Hmm. weird. Nonetheless, we were happy the Easter Bunny found us hiding out in Idaho. We went to see the fam, celebrate Easter, and have a little getaway. It was a great little trip. Todd's mom absolutely spoiled us by making us yummy meals and just being that loving mom presence everyone needs from time to time. We had a Easter egg hunt, visited with the family, went into Logan for night out on the town (where we saw Monsters and Aliens...super funny), shopped for Rhinos in Preston (don't ask), and made Poppy his/her first baby blanket! Bet had some gender-neutral fabric and suggested that we tie one up. It was so fun. I'm kind of challenged in that department but I think I did pretty good and we had the whole thing finished in just a few hours. It was very cool to think of our little one laying on this in five short (or extremely long) months. A very handsome Easter Bunny also visited me ...When I got out of the shower Sunday morning, I found an Easter basket waiting in our room. Todd had gotten a basket, filled it with candy and gave me a gift card to the Motherhood Store. Todd had sneakily had his niece stop at the mall in Logan and buy me one since the closest store to us is in STG (Thanks JACKIE!). He said he doesn't like that I try to be cheap and buy maternity clothes at Walmart or on Craigslist. He knows I don't think I look too hot (true) so he wants me to go buy some cute prego clothes. He also put little dollars in eggs for me buy smoothies at my favorite smoothie place in STG, The Orange Peel (again, because I love them but I'm too cheap to get one more than once a month). I thought it was quite possibly the sweetest thing anyone's ever done for me. I of course, cried (a regular event these days). Ty also got a squeaky/stuffed dog dressed up as an Easter Bunny. I planned to take a picture of it but he literally had the neck ripped open, all the stuffing ripped out, and the squeaky thing removed before i could. He loved it though so that's all that matters.

Mad Quilters
I think Ty enjoyed this trip more than anybody. When we go to Idaho, we always tell him we're "takin him to the Country". He loves it at grandmas. This time he was quite a bit braver than times past. When we first let him out, he literally frolicked in the field behind the house and went nuts chasing the birds in tree out front. He also went and visited his doggie/horsie friends down the lane, and had a LOT of fun playing with his favorite cousin Nathan. Plum tuckered out after some serious playin We also put our artistic abilities to work decorating some eggs. Ty helped us...

The finished products...BYU and "U Sucks" (Todd did it..not me!)
Todd heart Chelsea (the funny thing about this is we both made the same egg without knowing it!)

And since I already posted about the lovely drive home that about wraps it up! Thanks Grandma Bet. Poppy loved his/her first visit to Idaho too.

1 comments:

JadeLuckMoney said...

Your husband is too cute! I'm glad you had a great Easter :) Hey, I go to the temple on my days off--this week it is Thursday. I wait until Mama gets off work, then we head down. Do you want to come this week?