welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Monday, April 27, 2009

Poppy hates to travel

Poppy has made a very clear statement-either he/she is not cool with traveling or is just not cool with us having fun w/out him/her! Regardless, it really puts a wrench in my plans! The night before the conference, we were sleeping away in our hotel room when I got wicked sick. It was a pretty violent spell (the second of that day). When I sat up from my date w/ the toilet, I looked in the mirror because my face felt really funny. That's when I saw quazimoto starring back at me. The turbulence basically broke a bunch of blood vessels around my eye, in my eye, and caused the one eye to be really super swollen. Perfect right?! Today, your speaker will not be Chelsea Gambles the therapist, but rather Chelsea Gambles the bell ringing hunchback. Luckily, things had pretty much subsided by the time I spoke. Now, my eye just has that redness where it should be white. Like I said, Poppy is not down for travel (if you don't believe me, refer to the post returning from Easter). I'm not gonna lie, I felt/feel pretty bad for myself. What the crap?! I also felt bad for myself when every nice/free meal we enjoyed in Vegas ended up in the toilet. Oh well, I still love you Poppy and I'm trying not to get a complex that you already hate me.

Anyway, the conference went pretty good I think! Thanks to everyone for their kind wishes! Todd snuck in and heard my talk and he said "I had no idea what you were talking about but I wasn't bored at all which says a lot". I'll take it. The evals came back very positive and the host said she'd like to have us again soon. So I guess I'll call that a success! The biggest fear I had was that anytime anyone would ask something as it relates to therapy or treatment, all the other speakers would say, "I'll refer to Chelsea she's the professional". Yeah right! It was good though and we enjoyed some fun while in Vegas as well.

0 comments: