welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Luck in Sin City

We're headed to Las Vegas this Thursday and I'm looking for some good luck wishes....but not for gambling (although winning the jackpot right about now would really be pretty cool). I have the honor of being asked to speak at the Nevada Network Against Domestic Violence annual spring conference about my work with Plural Families (aka polygamists). I'm very excited for the opportunity but also quite nervous! What could a 24-year old possibly have to teach to all these professionals?! We'll see I guess. I have to fill a whole hour! It will be good practice though because I am also speaking at a conference we're hosting at the University of Utah the 18th of August (shameless plug for all my SW readers to come...7 CEUs!). If all else fails, it's an all-expenses-paid trip to Sin City baby! But, really, wish me luck!

p.s. You can read about the conference here

3 comments:

Brooke and Raul said...

Good Luck I know that you will do a wonderful job. Oh yeah BTW I have a blog that I created today. We are not even married. What a loser I am. Oh well good luck and I hope that you and baby are doing well. Hurry and find out what he/she is so that I can quit calling him/her baby! Love ya!

Aubree said...

How scary, I hate public speaking! But, I'm sure you'll do fabulous. I love reading your blog,it's one of my favs. So, just talk like you blog... hmmm sound weird but I hope you know what I mean. Break a leg!!

shereesa said...

I would love to come listen to you, too bad I have to work. Let me know when you in salt lake, I would love to learn more about what you do. I'm not surprised you are talking though, you always were a smart cookie!