welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Sunday, April 5, 2009

So I promise not all of my posts from here on out will be about pregnancy, etc (esp. cuz Todd so gently reminds me that "some people don't give a crap") but I had to post about our first photo together! Cheesy I know. This is at 14 weeks. Now, I offer two disclaimers on interpreting the bulge...1)It wasn't the flattest canvas to start with and 2) I am wearing this leotard-like shirt that I got from the Motherhood store that emphasizes the belly big time. That being said, I am definitely getting the chub. My "fat pants" are startin to get uncomfortable.
On another note, people keep asking me if I have any cravings. I say no, I haven't had a real must-have urge for anything but when reflecting, I realized, I've been drawn to some RANDOM foods lately. Like this. And this.
And this. Weird for me. I def don't eat this stuff normally. Why can't I be drawn to carrots or something? Everything else seems to be going well. My next apt is in two weeks. I'm five weeks away from the big ultrasound. I can't wait! Except I might try to talk my dr into looking when I go in for the 17 week apt (I am good at crying at the drop of a hat these days...evil huh?)

I've also been feeling A LOT better. It was like I turned into a whole new woman at 14 weeks. I still have a morning puke fest but then I feel a million times better. The all day nausea is subsiding and I have tons more energy. Hallelujah! Switching prenatals has also helped (Thanks for the tip Aubree!).

That's all. p.s don't forget to cast your vote on what you think we're having! People keep telling me they didn't notice it...it's on the right side at the very top! Looks like a close one.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Im gld you are doing better. Jessica had the same problem with her prenatals. So, they gave her chewables. LOL.
Hey Im coming up there for Nates graduation at the end of this month. I cant wait to see you guys!

Aubree said...

I'm so glad. I love hearing about people's pregnancies. Just so you know people give a crap! :0) So cute and fun! By the way, I voted girl!

Charles Family said...

I'm so glad you posted that picture so I could see your pregnant belly! I love it! I don't care if every one of your posts is about being pregnant. It was hard work for you guys and you have the right to talk about it non stop! I love you Chels and I'm so glad that everything is going well. Sorry your Monday is cruddy!

shereesa said...

So I think your having a boy but I hope it's a girl because they are so much fun! Luv the baby belly