welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Monday, July 27, 2009

Bet and Shauna visit Southern Utah

Todd's mom and sister came to visit us the first of July. Bet has time off from working at the temple so she is using it to visit her kids-I think that's quite sweet. I would probably stay home and sleep instead. Sooo, we packed a whole lot of Southern Utah into two short days. We had so much fun with them. I was so sad when they left I wanted to beg Shauna to call in sick to work and stay another day! Todd and I both cried when they left (sorry honey...I'm outing you). We just don't get to see them enough I guess (especially compared to when we lived in SLC). SO anyway, the first night they got here we went to the Renaissance Fair which was quite the immersion into Cedar craziness. You mean it's NOT normal to have camel rides, people dressed in period clothing, giant-bellied belly dancers, and random fencing at the local park? huh. Bet got pulled up on stage during some really lame skit we were just watching so we could rest on the chairs. She was a good sport. She also got to tell a scary biker-esq vendor that she didn't think his handmade leather/spiky dog collar was worth $45. Oh how I laughed. After that we went to the Greenshow at the Shakespearean. It was cool. and entertaining. The next day we went all over the place...Colorado City (for a tour), Zions (Bet's first time there) and up to Bryce Canyon. It was a lot of driving but we saw a lot. We also ate out a lot at fun restaurants that were one of a kind to Southern Utah (i.e. Pastry Pub, Merry Wives [in Colorado City], and The Pines [in Bryce]. Did I mention we had lots of fun!? I hope that means they'll come again!













Love you guys.....Thanks Again!!!!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Hatin' the pictures of me...you all look great though. Can't wait till i see you again!

jenn said...

How cute are you!