welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Summer happenings

I've been a slacker on the summer festivities so here's some updates. Probably don't read this post it you don't like pictures.

Brooker's Wedding Shower
Mckell and I threw Brooke a wedding shower. I think it went really well but I'm a bit biased. I was too distracted getting everything ready so this is the one and only picture I got. Can you tell she's embarrassed? Our present to her was by far the best. Lets just say there was a hide a vibe involved. Holla.

The Utah Summer Games
The fireworks were rockin this year but the performers kinda sucked in my opinion. I say eh on the whole Beatles' cover band idea. The second picture is of Melissa (in the blue jacket). She got to speak about playing soccer. It was cool. Callie walked too. Father's Day Weekend
We went camping at Yankee Meadow. It was the first camp of the season-due to all the raining- and it wasn't without some minor set backs. We got an A for effort but lets just say forgetting the polls to a tent and propane for the camp stove isn't ideal. Not to mentioned it rained. Oh, and did I mention that it is not cool squatting in the wilderness when you have a giant belly? Plus the 4 times I had to get up and go in the middle of the night wasn't that great since it was FREEZING. One last highlight-Saturday morning we decided to go into Parowan for breakfast once we discovered we forgot propane. Well, by the time we got there it had been WAY to long for me to wait before eating. Luckily our table was close to the exit...but the bathroom was miles away. I got about half of my food down, got sick, made it two steps out the front door, and spewed something fierce. It was awesome. Sorry, Bev's Floral. I got puke all over myself and wet my pants (shocker) so we ended up making a quick jaunt back into Cedar so I could shower. We still have a lot of fun though. Ty LOVED it. and it was very beautiful. We camped right along the river.














We also had a fun date night the other weekend. We ate at a trendy little cafe by Zions called Oscar's (Todd found it on trip advisor) and went to Night at the Museum II at the IMAX. Thats all..ish.

1 comments:

Sami said...

Oscars is one of my favorite restaurants! I love the black bean burrito, mmmmm! I think Zion is one of the greatest places on earth.