welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Love U Lots

So we celebrated the big three-year anniversary on the 8th. Maybe it's because we dated for two years prior to that, but I hardly remember life before Todd. I have to brag slightly about the gift he gave me...a glider. But not just any glider. The man remember not only the color of our crib, but the make and model-and found a glider from the same manufacturer to match. So sweet. I was just reflecting on all that we have experienced in our short time together like....


  • Love. like I've never know it.
  • moving. two states and three city's
  • graduate school. started just one month after the wedding
  • heartbreak. enduring two years of infertility.
  • big purchases. like a car. and a baby (yes, we bought our baby)
  • new additions. two puppys. Poppy
  • culture. concerts. movies. plays. museums.
  • disagreements. politics. dog parenting. toilet duty.
  • starting over. new jobs. new home. new challenges.
  • nature. national parks. hikes. Sugarhouse park. Tanner Park.
  • travel. Denver Colorado. Moab. Mexico. Yellowstone. Northern to Southern Utah
  • Food. chinese in West Valley. cheesecake in Logan. coke and crushed ice in Cedar.
  • Compromise. football season tickets. art museums. remote time.
  • Unabashed joy. double pink line. heartbeats. kicks. sweet baby girl

me. loving this journey with you babe.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary! Two and a half years and we'll be right there. I'm just so happy for you guys! And you're getting super close. How exciting!

summergibbs said...

You guys are so cute! I'm so glad that you are getting your little Poppy...infertility really sucks and it's not fair. But everything eventually works out. Yes, Breck keeps me very busy....he is a good boy, but he just has these moments and that one little moment seems to create a day full of chaos. Gotta love em!

Amber said...

Congrats! I just remember trying to set up the yard for your reception trying to figure out if it was gonna rain or not. LOL
I wanna see a pict. of the glider.

Charles Family said...

Happy Anniversary, late. I still remember the day you and Todd met. Oh how time flies! :) I love you both. Also, HAPPY 25th BIRTHDAY CHELS!!!!!! I would have called you but a dropped my cellphone in the washing machine at the cabin, and needless to say it does not work any longer. Did I mention that my phone is only 2 weeks old? Whoops! Anyway, hope your birthday was awesome. Love you!!!