welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Monday, July 6, 2009

I've officially lost my damn mind. Like really. I should not be allowed to talk to or interact with people for the next three months. On top of that, I should not be allowed to make any decisions of any kind. Truly. I'm insane. One short example...the other day I was talking to Todd and just stopped mid sentence and started staring at my wedding ring. It's like I was overtaken by the shininess. That was just the start of it though. Here's my list of crazy....

First. I Got a second job. Yup. I started looking for a new job-one that would be PART time after I had the baby. Wanted to CUT BACK on the hours. So I was offered one but it wasn't enough hours to justify quitting my current job. So instead, I just added it on. What the crap?

Second. I have serious intentions of talking my husband into letting us get another dog. Not just any dog. a puppy. I want a miniature Schnauzer. I want one bad. I can't get it out of my mind. Remember that I'm having a baby in three months?? What the crap again?

Third. Yesterday I was working with some clients at workforce services. When I walked into the building I noticed a car parked right out in front-RIGHT in the sun-and they had three big dogs in there. It was 115 degrees in St. George yesterday. When I talked in, they were hanging their heads out of the little crack in the window panting like crazy. So, 40 mins later I went to make sure the car was gone. Nope. Still there. This time they were lying lethargically on the seats. When I approached the window they started whining the whimpering. So I walked in and basically announced "who's got the dogs in the car?". It just happened to be three GIANT males of the Polynesian culture. Without hesitation I marched up to them and basically let them have it. When the guy told me to mind my own business I said "okay. I won't give you the chance to be a decent human being. I'll just call the cops. Heard of animal cruelty?' That's when they left. Did I mention these guys were giant?

Fourth. Today some miserable woman with low job satisfaction called me to tell me that our credit card payment was sent back because we paid it with an account that didn't exist. I had no idea what she was talking about. She was basically accusing me of faking a payment. The more she said, the more I caught on. It just clicked that when I paid online I chose the "saved account info" option not realizing that it hadn't been updated since before we got our new accounts (from when my cards got stolen [we don't use our credit card much]). So I explained this and she just kept at me. Then when I asked her how to rectifying it she was like "duh- look at your balance and pay it". OOOOH. I was ticked. So after a few mins of stewing, I called her back, asked to speak to her supervisor and let HIM know what I thought of his little minion. I went off about how she was rude, condescending, and the works. Poor guy didn't know what hit him.

There's more but I'm tired. And crazy. Cheers.

4 comments:

Charles Family said...

Chels, I freaking love you. I got a good laugh out of this post and I think I would have done the same thing if I had seen those dogs in the car.

Amber said...

Those are funny stories. I like the guys and the dogs one. LOL. Im telling you its like being taken over my an alien

The Price Family said...

Holy shiz, you crack me up. My fave was the big polynesians and the dogs. Good for you...but thank goodness you did it in an open and public place! Atleast there'd be witnesses that way! :) No worries, crazy happens to us all - seriously though, you're gonna work yourself to the bone. Relax already!

summergibbs said...

You crack me up! Good for you, though. I'm glad that someone besides me decides to tell people exactly what's on her mind. Some people call it being a Big B, but I call it not being a door mat!