welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Sunday, March 30, 2008

The joy of pop culture

The Soup was especially insulting and fantastic last night. Two of the my favorite lines from the evening...

[when referring to "Rock of Love" (a show where white trash gold-diggers fight for Bret Michael's love)]

'Notice she didn't say I just contracted a flesh eating virus from my aging former rockstar boyfriend?"

AND

[when referring to a daughter-parent competition where teams compete to suck the most filling out of a conole on "Thats Amore" (a show were women complete for the affection of some random Italian guy)]

"Look, we’re just here to engage in pastry falacio with our daughter; we didn’t know it was going to get to tacky"

No need to watch TV pop culture...Just watch The Soup

0 comments: