welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Monday, March 3, 2008

We made the trib!

I'm part of a committee teaming up the "Love Your Body Week" at the U. Its a great effort to address body politics (my main interest) and eating disorders. As part of this I am presenting to all of our staff (psychologists and social workers) on the topic of body politics...I'm pretty nervous. Anyway, thanks to the Tanner Humanitarian Center we've gained some major attention. Check it out it you're interested!

Here's the article...


U. of U.
Body image conference set
The University of Utah’s Tanner Humanities is holding a conference on body image Wednesday and Thursday. Author Rose Weitz, of Arizona State University, will give the keynote address Wednesday at 7 p.m. at the Utah Museum of Fine Arts Dumke Auditorium. She will address the topic, “The Politics of Women’s Bodies: Appearance, Sexuality and Behavior” and “Rapunzel’s Daughters: What Women’s Hair Tells Us About Women’s Lives.” A complete schedule and more information are available at www.thc.utah.edu.

1 comments:

Aubree said...

Congrats Chelsea!! When are you usually home from work? I've been wanting to come, but I don't know when you're usually home. Still loving Ty? Does he have many accidents?