welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Sunday, March 30, 2008

The worst weekend by far

___________________________

Dear social work Gods or Goddesses,

Just wanted to say thank-you. Thank-you for ruining my weekend. You truly have provided me with a weekend that rivals all of the most terrible weekends of my meager existence. Why? Why would you think it is by any means humane or decent to hold a 16-hour licensure prep-course on Friday and Saturday?
I only left your workshop ran by Satan with a sense of complete fatigue and lack of confidence.
I shall never pass your archaic 4-hour test reeking of psychotropic med expertise and diagnostic differentiations that the very authors of the DSM wouldn't know.
Thanks for nothing.
You've ruined my weekend; the only sense of solace I have in your cruel world.
May you burn in the very world you've created for me.
___________________________

5 comments:

Kay Luther said...

Oh Chelsea, I could not have said it better. I think I have PTSD from the last 2 days. Do you know the criteria for PTSD? HAHAHAHAHHAAH!!!! (maniacal laugh)....
Kay

shereesa said...

I am glad that I am not the only one who actually felt dumber leaving then when we started. My complaints are not with the course however but with the fact that after two years and going $16,000 in debt the only thing I have learned is how crazy and annoying other people can be. How is it that we have spent an entire semester listening to a certain old mans stories but we don't have enough time to have a required DSM-IV class! Good thing we were provided with this wonderful weekend to let us know what a joke our education has been!
--sheree

Aubree said...

That was hilarious and very sad at the same time. May you pass your 4 hour test with flying colors. I hope those gods are on your side!!

Charles Family said...

That sucks Chel! I will pray for you but I'm sure you'll pass the test no problem You're a genius! As for me I am second guessing grad school after hearing about your awful weekend.

Anonymous said...

In an effort to deal with my newly formed distress/anguish/painful existence - I've been avoiding the basics - you know like reading email... so I'm a little late for the bashing.
chelsea: thanks for consuming my morning with the verbal hemorrhage which has caused laughter (in an attempt to keep from crying) after reading/ re-traumatizing myself.
kay: I too have been experiencing symptoms of PTSD (like an inability to open a book, write a paper, flashbacks when I hear a pen tapping against a table) ...
sheree: i am also appalled I have gone into debt from something I could have gotten visiting a local rest home (FOR FREE!), but yet I have not learned, well - apparently I haven't learned ANYTHING the past 2 years!!!