welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Farewell

It's time. It's time to make that post I thought would forever remain in the theoretical. Countdown zero. Thursday at 8pm, I said farewell to this building that has hosted my life for the last two years. It truly seems like it has been my home forever. Man these walls have held a lot; it has brought me together with friends of a kindred spirit, friends I hope to have into old age, it has opened my mind into realms of thinking and functioning that I never knew possible, and has completely restructured and challenged my ideas about life, meaning and purpose. Doesn't get much bigger than that. It still hasn't set in yet, I'm sure I'll be happy and sad when it does. Time to start being an adult. Sigh.



~Some of my fondest (and not-so-fondest) memories~
  • Presenting our research to the legislature on Capital Hill. Senator Hickman challenged us, legislators argued, lobbyists attacked me for copies of our research, we were in the Trib and Deseret news.
  • Project Reality. 6 am. Methadone. Drug Addicts. Needles. Heroin. Pregnant Women. Dealing in the Parking Lot. Mersa. Personality Disorders. Abscesses. Doing Therapy for the First Time. Drawing Blood from the NECK. Pain. Suffering. Survivors. Strength. Change.
  • Diversity. White Privilege. Feeling oppressed for Being LDS. Feminism. LGBTQ. RAGE.
  • Social Policy. Evil Lesbian. Writing Social Policy. Pop Quizzes from HELL
  • Practice. In-vivo Group Therapy. WOW. Theory. Therapy.
  • Others. Crazy. TMI. Need Therapy More Than Their Clients. No Professionalism.
  • Friends. Lifesavers. Peers. Soul Sisters & Brothers. Support. LOVE. Wedding Dress Shopping. The Bayou. Gossip. Marriage. Pregnancy. DRAMA
  • Time. Robbed. Writing Papers During Lunch. Working all day Only to Do Homework at Night. 40 Hour Work Weeks. Full Course Load. Multi-tasking.
  • Research Assistant. Free Tuition. Sweet Hook-up. Opportunity. Salary. Writing, Writing, Writing. Reading Study After Study. Lit Searches. Getting Published. Making my Own Hours. Open Doors.
  • University Counseling Center. Individual & Group Therapy. Becoming a Therapist. Professionalism. POLITICS. Image. Hierarchy. My Own Office. Outsider. YUPPIES. Growth. Recognition. Appreciation. Honor. Helping Students.
I'm now laughing that I took this pic. It was my first real office w/ my name on the door! It was so handy to have an office in the SW building. Then, we got moved to a CUBICLE. Pretty Depressing. Chaos. The view from the Cube. That's bird pooh.

My office at the Counseling Center. Big nice plaque w/ my name on it. Movin up in the world!

Inside my Office...where the "magic" happensFellow Interns. The Last Day of Class :) Just LOVE these GIRLS! Ha Ha Ha. Us and our crazy old man teacher. We just had to take a photo! Sheree, Me, Crazy, Kay and Jenn. (We didn't get Dan and Justin in the pic who r our other dear friends)

Well....THAT'S IT!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! just so you know, I will never be able to hear about MRSA without picturing you freaking out and planning your slow death via staph infection. AWWW. I miss our bloody desks!