welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Yet Another Farewell


I said another very large goodbye on Thursday....to my hair!
I cut 11 inches off my hair and donated it to
LOCKS OF LOVE.
This was a huge thing for me. I have NEVER had even mildly short hair. the idea started with me just wanting to get a new look and something a bit shorter for the summer. Then, I realized I could have that AND donate it. I had this great idea before I knew locks of love requires a minimum of 10 inches...THAT IS A CRAP LOAD OF HAIR. The reason they require 10 inches is bc most wigs are for little girls who all want long hair. Once I read that it was too late....I had to donate. I started thinking about all those sweet little girls who have cancer etc. and want long hair. How could I not sacrifice the long hair I've had all of my life to help a little one? Did you know it takes 8-10 ponytails of 10 inches to make ONE wig? That's insane right? Anyway, it was pretty gut wrenching when my hair dresser did the big chop, but i survived and since then I've really liked short hair. I cut a total of 11 inches off and my hair is now just above my chin! It won't even go in a ponytail!! I felt cool wind on my neck for the first time yesterday and about flipped! There's many perks to short hair including less shower time and shampoo usage.


My meager contribution.

3 comments:

Amber said...

I looked at your first post and thought did she cut her hair? And you DID! I LOVE IT!!!!! You have always had the best hair, for sure!

Aubree said...

Wow!! Cute hair, love it short.

Michael said...

Very cool!