welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Tulip Festival

We went to the Tulip Festival on Saturday at Thanksgiving Point. Ever since we moved to Salt Lake I've wanted to go. My sweet honey didn't put up a fight but my hopes were nearly dashed when I saw news coverage of the festival at the beginning of April and found that there was not a single BLOOMED tulip (due to the cold weather)! Well, we waited until the last day and were utterly pleased to find that there were beautiful tulips galore! Despite the wind and people, we had a really great time. There were several different themed gardens, festivities, and treats that made the trip worth while! Jessie, Jackie and Diedre came along too!


Like I said, TULIPS GALORE!!
I had never seen so many exotic-colored tulips. I'm certain there was a tulip for every color in the spectrum Picturesque Landscape! Ah haha. This is Todd pretending to be a Caveman
The Perfume Garden
Todd couldn't wait to go to the bathroom :O
The Secret Garden
The hidden passageway to the secret garden (Jackie made us kiss!)
We had the yummiest homemade donuts w/ dipping sauce and Todd had this ginourmous ice cream sandwich! (I had to bribe him for coming) Ahhh, beauty
A recreation of The Monet bridge...I was very excited to see this bc Monet is my favorite artist hands down
Yay for TULIPS!

**********************************************


We also went to the IMAX, The Human Body that night. It was fun bc we went with the whole fam dam. As for the film, I'd say it was just okay. Don't get me wrong...I thought the idea and cinematography was pretty cool. I was just disappointed that they did show more of the complex functions of the body. Like how neural synapses have the ability to evolve, etc. I just thought that since the theme of the movie was just how magnificent our body is, they could have sold it better by talking about the less-know, highly sophisticated functions of our body....Just my thoughts.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was AWESOME!!!