welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Firsthand Serenade

Last Wednesday, our niece and friends Jackie and Deidre came down for a weekend fun. That night, we got a firsthand serenade from one of my favorite bands, SECONDHAND SERENADE. They came to the Avalon Theatre which is this little hole-in-the-wall theatre just down the street from our house. We had so much fun. There was actually three bands there; White Tie Affair and Making April. It was my first time hearing White Tie Affair and can I just say they were bad ass.

Back to the main event, Secondhand was FANTASTIC. I was severely obsessed with their music last summer and i had forgotten how much I like them (actually it's just one guy but still). Love his harmonious sound. Sounded as good live as it does recorded which is the major test to me! Check them out if you haven't!

Here's some pics from the night....

White Tie Affair
Lead singer of White Tie Affair (Deidre even made a sexually suggestive comment to him, it was awesome)
Lead singer, Secondhand Serenade
Rear View; They forced me to take it!


Todd had a night class but made it for Secondhand.

It was well worth going to class the next day on 5 hours of sleep!

0 comments: