welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Becoming Two

February 17th, 2006. Todd and I were engaged. As contrived as it sounds, the simple yet monumental act of a bended knee filled with humble promises and a bid for a bright future was the pinnacle of my life thus far. I suddenly knew what I was put on this earth for; to love and to be loved. I believe with every fiber in my being that Todd was placed on this earth just for me.



Todd and I enjoyed nearly two years of courtship (I took a lot of convincing hehe). When I look back on the days of becoming one, I am filled with the most happiness. I always say it took us so long to get married because we were just having so much fun dating. Here is a list of my fondest dating memories (in no particular order)

1) New Years Eve: First Night in St. George. I had come home to Cedar City for the holidays and had not seen Todd in almost a month! This was the first time Todd had met the fam. He looked soo handsome and had the nicest gift for me
2) Yellowstone with the Gambles.
3) Hawaii: Two full weeks in Hawaii with my family. Highlights were Matsumotos, every grain of sand on every beach, the view from our beach house, and the Polynesian Cultural Center.



4) Chinese Food! This was the place of our first date and soon became my favorite restaurant to eat in Logan.
5) Sunny Saturdays at First Damn. (a park-like place overlooking the Logan river). I could spend the whole day on a blanket, in the sun, with Todd by my side.
6) Any Aggie Sporting Event: hockey, basketball or football (even if I did sneak books in)
7) Snowy drives up to Mt. Logan
8) Apartment dates… involving take-out food and FRIENDS on DVD. The best!

9) Trips to Salt Lake… for Hockey Games


10) The group-date to Island Park. We stayed in my friends amazing cabin.
11) Halloween Dates: the annual Haunted Forest, corn mazes and carving pumpkins
12) A trip we took to Swan Lake, Idaho. Todd showed me the spot he wants to build a house one day.
13) Trips to Preston, Idaho … for the 24th of July Celebration (it rocks) and for the Demolition Derby for some Red Neck fun
14) Boating Trips to Twin Lakes. Todd and I were lucky enough to have mutual friends… my gal pals met us at the lake so I didn’t have to sleep under the stars alone. We had lots of fun
15) Tubing down Oneida River… Todd got some major battle wounds but it was really fun.

16) Trips to Las Vegas. .. Once for New Years (it rained hard core!) and once with Todd’s friends. 17) Laundry room dates…Todd was always so sweet to carry my laundry to the facilities for me. Then I would do his laundry for him too
18) Hot Tub dates. One of the many apartments I lived in had a pool and a hot tub… Todd, I, and our friends spent many a days there.
19) Decorating sugar cookies for Valentines Day.
20) Endless dinner and a movies dates… Sometimes these were the most memorable.
21) Camping trip to Bloomington Lake… A group of us did some tent camping along this beautiful river… then we stopped in Bear Lake for some raspberry shakes… Yum!
22) Peter Breinholt in Tuacahn.
23) The Gambles Reunion in Island Park. I got to meet the whole fam.
24) The times Todd would meet me at my favorite spot in the USU library… he would just sit with me while I studied.
25) Our trip to SLC to see the lights on Temple Square. We met up with three of Todd's siblings and their spouses.


26) Endless others that I’m sure I’m forgetting. Regardless, we had a courtship full of fun, excitement, anticipation and utter happiness.

0 comments: