welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Oh Christmas Tree

Since moving to Salt Lake Todd and I have started a lovely tradition of getting a REAL Christmas tree from this cute little lot in Fort Union. I JUST LOVE GOING TO THE LOT AND PICKING OUT THE MOST PERFECT TREE (that's cheap of course :0). I get so excited I look like a little kid and Christmas time. Both times we got it Friday night and then spent the evening decorating it while we listen to Christmas Music! Simple things that given me so much pleasure!!! Now, like I've mentioned before, I have some OCD tendencies. Thus, I did most of the decorating because Todd learned from last year that if he puts too many of the same bulb color too close together, I will move it. Yea, I seriously have problems. But if I'm fully honest, I loved decorating the tree just the way I want it. Plus, Todd's not terribly interested in decorating anyway. It looks so beautiful though!! It brights up our whole apartment, I want it year round!





This made me a little worried...he chops off the end so its fresh. It seemed wrong though.
All ready to go fulfill its Christmas DestinyAWE!!

A work in progress...Drum roll...The finished product!!All of our PRESENTS!! I must admit the coordinating wrapping paper in a product of my OCD tendencies...I had a coat for Todd that was too big so I had to put it in a gift bag. Being that the bag didn't match the lovely red and gold paper, I had to hide it behind the tree bc it bugged me that it didn't MATCH! Yes, I have problems. The stockings were hung....



Some decorations...



This isn't that Christmasy but on the top there's a little corn-husk made Nativity scene...cute!



We're sooo excited for Christmas!!!

0 comments: