welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Sunday, December 16, 2007

This is how I conceptualize our first year of marriage... deciding the goodness of the Universe. Todd taught me about a deeper shade of existence; where love means love and there is meaning in the simplest details of life. I love the phrase “pumping someone else’s blood” because that is what he did for me…he replaced my nervous, rarely satisfied blood with loved, peaceful and utterly happy blood. A commemoration of year one…
For the big ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY we spent a week at this serenely beautiful cabin isolated in the mountains near Bryce Canyon… In fact, from the porch we could see the red hills descending into the Canyons.


A moving shot; We took this photo driving home in the evening from this little mom and pop restaurant we ate at. It was nearly dusk and driving through the winding, one-way roads with the massive red-rock mountains at our side was an oddly tranquil experience we shared.
One of my favorite parts of our anniversary get-away was sitting on the porch with the scenic view at bay. We spent hours upon end on the big wrap-around porch, basking in a nice cool breeze, sharing conversation with river rippling below us as the crickets chirped. The picture really doesn't do the view justice... the river is in the distance, red rock mountains to the left. After we returned from our week-end, we made a trip to Todd's moms' to get the top of our cake that she was graciously keeping in her freezer for us. She made a fuss about taking a picture of the lovely cake (it preserved so well!)...its corney though!We had another lovely anniversary celebration when we got back to Salt Lake. We went to dinner and then planned to eat our cake...(It just so happened that in between picking up the cake and eating it that the cake went moldy!) So, I forced Todd to take pretend pics of us enjoying our cake. Haha... They're terribly CORNY!!!Yummy!I swear I'm not drunk in this picture!!

Here's to many more...!

0 comments: