welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Monday, December 17, 2007

Goodbye Summer, hello Fall

As we bid farewell to summer, we also bid farewell to late nights, carefree week days and daily dips in our lovely apartment pool seen during those lovely Summer months. While Todd was already in school over the Summer, we both mourned the loss of our Summer Lovin (hehe).
I begrudgingly returned to school for my final year of graduate school. Last May I had received the good word that I had been chosen as one of the three interns to work as a therapist at the the University Counseling Center. Here I would be providing individual, group and couples counseling for students attending the Uof U. They require a fairly rigorous application process of which many apply, but only three are chosen. It's a highly coveted position due to the strong emphasis on clinical training, the generous salary, the free U parking pass, and the tuition break. I felt truly lucky to have been picked and was excited to begin my final internship, but was also worried about living up to their expectations. Nonetheless, I began school and internship and continued to work. I had a great time reuniting with some of the friends I had made last semester.
Todd also began his new classes which included night classes on Monday and Wednesday night until 9pm...UGH! He has done very well in his math classes while juggling a strenuous job and other Internet classes. We both continue to endure on. Despite our sorrow over leaving the Summer, we welcomed the new change of Fall.

0 comments: