welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A day with an ANGEL.

Dec 20th, 2007. I had the lovely pleasure of babysitting Elsie while her parent's went skiing in Snowbird.

The morning started with some barn-fun in our PJ's. Elsie told me I was the Camel. Not sure what that means...haha
Then, I attempted to get us ready for the day. As you can see, I got her pants on when she decided she didn't want to wear a shirt. Instead, she wanted to put on my make-up.
I grabbed the camera when she said, "Gimmie that, I need to learn how to use a camera." I of course handed it over (I'm a sucker). She proceeded to take 325 pictures! I kid you not. I thought some of these were so cute, so I had to post them.
Note the lil finger in the shot
I thought I'd hurry and do my make-up while she played photographer. I had no idea she would take such good shots!Again, note the lil finger.This one is my favorite! Notice I finally got her to put her shirt on. She's so smart though.. she said, "take me to the mirror, I need to take a picture of myself" so she did! This is also how I convinced her to let me do her hair. Yay! After nearly an hour I finally got Elsie ready Aren't these the most adorable shoes ever?
Lookin mischievous!

Elsie's skinny jeans! She is so trendy!!!
After I got Elsie ready we went to my work for two meetings. She was so good. She just watched her DVD on her portable player. Other highlights were lunch at Wendy's (Elsie refused to eat her food bc she thought it was burnt haha) and watching Backyardigans on Nick Toons.
I JUST LOVE THIS KID!!!!

0 comments: