welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Monday, December 17, 2007

A Caveat

I forgot to mention one very exciting aspect of our Halloween celebration. The weekend of the 19th, my family came and stayed with us in Salt Lake. We went shopping and to dinner Friday night. Then, we made the trip up to Logan and stayed at Sherwood Hills Resort. For those of you who don't know, Sherwood hills is a fantastic hotel in the hills of sardine canyon. It winds up a concrete path shadowed with an endless grove of trees. It was sooo beautiful in the fall leaves. The resort was hosting the Haunted Forest. Its like a haunted house, but takes place outside literally in the forest. We went that evening and got scared out of our MINDS. Melissa was clung to my arm the entire time. We ran from chain saws, got our ankles grabbed while crossing bridges, and screamed the shrillest of screams. We also ate at my favorite Chinese restaurant in Logan, Mandarin Garden. Sunday morning we drove back into Logan and ate at the local diner, Angie's. They have the most ginormous cinnamon rolls I have ever seen. My family loved sharing them. Unfortunately I forgot my camera so have little to show for the weekend. IT was however a fantastic trip... I just LOVE Logan.

0 comments: