welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Sunday, December 16, 2007

More Summer FUN!

Following our anniversary, Todd and I had several Summer fun moments. Here are a few more...



The Camping Trip
After some serious planning on my part (I may have OCD tendencies), We gathered all of our mutual friends for a boating trip. The group mostly consisted of Todd's friends who became my friends long before Todd and I began dating. However, since being married the group dynamics have changed a bit and Todd and I have kinda taken over the role of mom and dad of the group. Haha. Its a scary thought... Todd and I cooked for the group and went to bed early....We're getting old!

We owe Todd's friends for a lot of our fun times during the dating stages. They begrudgingly took me in as one of them and I've had lots of fun spending time with all of them...even if I was often the only girl. This time I brought along my friends Tiffany and Jamie... They too love spending time with these crazy boys.


After what seemed like hours, we got to the camp site late Friday night. We quickly arranged our camp chairs and enjoyed some fun around the fire (p.s. isn't my camp chair adorable!?!)



Jordan, Tiffany and Sheena I didn't take this photo very well, but this is a bunch of the guys DANCING around the camp fire... No, I'm not joking... They busted out the music and fully danced around the fire... Todd even joined in! It was sooo funny!ScottieJordan and Jeremy lookin toughThe next morning we went out on the boat... This is Scott showin off his water skills. I wish I could do that... Todd and I stick to the tubing.Tiffany and I tubing... I was scared out of my mind bc Jordan was trying to kill us. It was however, lots of fun!

In late July, my mom went on a week-long business trip to Atlanta, Georgia. Sooo, my sisters Callie and Melissa got to come stay with me. We had lots of fun shopping (I mean a lot of shopping), eating out, and swimming at our apartment swimming pool.


We also went to Hairspray the Movie (bless Todd's heart for enduring it!). They were advertising for the Simpson's Movie so I just had to take a photo of the girls to send to my brother who is on a mission... he LOVES the Simpsons.Callie and I (looking high) lounging on our bed doing some Internet shopping

August 8th, 2007. My friend Ashlee got married in the Idaho Falls Temple. We had the wonderful opportunity to attend the wedding ceremony and reception. She looked beautiful.

This is the HONEYMOON basket I made them...Always promoting a healthy sex life :)

Mid August, I got to babysit the cutest child on this planet; Elise. Elsie and I swam in our pool, ate at MacDonald's and fed the ducks at Sugar House Park.. She is such a DOLL!Late August Todd and I made the annual trip to Preston Idaho (the town near where Todd grew up) for the Demolition Derby. We love reveling in this Redneck tradition!You can't really tell but one of the cars fully lit on fire...It was intense!For Labor Day Weekend, the entire Gambles Clan gathered together at his sister's cabin up Provo Canyon for his mom's 70th BIRTHDAY. Happy Birthday Bet! All 25 of us spent three days in this tiny cabin! Many of us tent camped (one of my favorite things to do) and they also rented an RV... It was a great weekend!



Just chattin...

Two of our nieces, Angie and Katie in the RV... Aren't they adorable!?!

We also had the pleasure of riding the Heber Creeper... Our bro-in-law Scott works as a conductor for fun on the weekends... he hooked us up! Thanks Scott!Most of the fam...Scott, our favorite conductor!Boarding the Train (My sweet husband sometimes likes to make fun of the many pictures I make him pose for.. this is him being a smart a..)Ready to take off!
Again, being a smart a...

Look at this fantastic view!
Saturday afternoon Todd and his brothers/nephew went to the first BYU Football Game of the season. I had bought BYU season tickets for Todd as an anniversary present (more on that later), so I graciously (sense the sarcasm) gave up my ticket so Todd could take his brother... Luckily they won!

0 comments: