welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Go COUGARS!!!

When I said the two BYU games from last season hallmarked Fall of 06 I was clearly overstating it. As I mentioned in a previous post, I bought Todd season tickets for our Anniversary. When he opened the card, he looked just like a little child at Christmas. He dutifully checked the mail every day for a month awaiting the arrival of the actual tickets. When they arrived he literally giggled with glee and meticulously scanned each ticket; I’m sure imagining what each game would be like. How I envy that passion! Being a less-enthused sports fan, I had some reservations regarding the money and time required to attend so many games. Every dollar spent, every hour taken, and every near-death accident en route to each game turned minuscule when I saw Todd’s face light up each time the cougs rushed the field. I quickly learned that the LOVE for BYU Football was and has been a time-honored tradition in Todd’s family for many years. Although I never got the fortune to meet Todd’s honored father, I feel like I reconnect with a piece of him when I attend each game with Todd. Yes, I’m tearing up right now. I would be the last person on this planet to think that sports could be a spiritual experience but it really has been. I only hope that Todd will pass this love-filled tradition on to our children in the same passionate manner his father did…Go Cougs!!!



Ready to Take off! (Three hours early I'm sure...Todd got stressed if we weren't there a good hour before kick-off!!)

On the LONG walk from the car to the stadium...

My SWEET honey getting my chair for me! He insisted that I have a chair each game and man was it nice!

Almost There...Truckin up the windy stadiumThe view just before our section is sooo beautiful. Too bad hot dog vendors are usually covering it up (I'm sure that's the last thing on most sport fan's minds hehe)Our lil spot.Some serious spectating...These freaked me OUT the first time they flew over (Todd was getting us some treats and being an inexperienced fan I nearly jumped in my neighbors lap!)Sometimes its SUNNYOther times it's SOOO cold!! The TCU game nearly froze us to the utter core. Most people left at the half.. Provo got more snow that day than they had all season. Words can't describe the shrill pierce of the wind zinging ice chips towards us. No worries though...Todd and I toughed it out until the bitter end. These adorable boys sat by us all season. I guess their grandpa bought them season tickets (he however did not sit with them). While they were cute, they were a pain in the BUTT! They fought and tackled each other most of the games, they also got up to get treats three times in each half. At one point I said, "do I need to sit in between you two?" It was all in good fun of courseBYU vs. UTAHIt was cool to see the stadium in a sea of blue...with large spots of RED. The BIG WIN!!! Everyone rushing the field
That game was intense! I don't even care about football and I nearly threw up!
BRRRR!The proof BYU is better than UTAH
What a SEASON!

0 comments: